Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hello everyone I'm sorry has taken so long for me to write. Not a whole lot has happened since my last post, OK my last post was from three years ago so the post before that. And I will interject from time to time with the stuff that I did write three years ago. I find it interesting that I was writing about the same things back then as I am now.

Speaking of "now", here in the Kansas City area "Sprint ." the Telephone Company is building the Sprint Center. It is being built in what is called the "power and light district". It is an attempt (and damn good one) to revamp the hollowed out core of the city. Anyway , the Sprint Center was attempting to court the Pittsburgh Penguins. They decided to stay in Pittsburgh. Now they are attempting to bring Nashville's team "the Predators" here. Please bring me an NHL team! So the Tampa Bay Lightning may have to be my second favorite team. I also thought I heard something the other night about Pittsburgh reneging on stuff that it promised the Penguins. So who knows, the Predators lease is up at the end of next year.

The Chiefs season will be starting soon. It is going to be an interesting year . We got rid of a lot of good players , and have a whole bunch of new players, in an attempt to bring youth to the team. Damon Huard and Brody Croyle are the two new quarterbacks trying for the starting job. Actually Damon started seven games for us last year , while Trent Green was hurt. That won't be decided until after the preseason. We love our football here. And I don't care what anybody reads anywhere . The Chiefs fans created , and then perfected tailgating as it is known today. (I watched six cars burn up in the parking lot , while everybody was in the stadium. I was in the stadium too.) , someone did not dispose of their coals in the bins like they were supposed to.

Matt Kenseth came in eighth place in the NASCAR Nextel race last weekend. He is still in third place in the points standings, but he gained points on second-place driver Denny Hamlin. Tony Stewart and Denny are teammates but it did not look like it this time. Tony rammed the back of Denny and it took both of them out of the race. Matt Kenseth's teammate Jamie McMurray won the race, by the second narrowest margin since electronic timings inception! Carl Edwards who is a Columbia , Missouri native (where I rehabbed after my spinal cord injury) came in fourth. Greg Biffle came in sixth, newcomer David Ragan came in 12th. That's the entire Roush/Fenway car lineup!

As for myself, I am doing very well. Except for Comcast wants me to give them $182. 00. Oh yeah, and my electric bill has nearly tripled . :-( physically , however , my pressure wound that I have had for longer than I care to say , is beginning to heal significantly. :-) oh yeah I forgot some of my wires in my van are burning, we can smell it and see the smoke coming from under the fender well on the passenger front side. Definitely the smell of wire insulation burning.

Well I am getting off here now. Thanks for stopping by! Be sure and stop by Sheila's blog spot. Besides she knows more about me than I do! I really will attempt to do this more often. (Really Trish ;-) We now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.

6 comments:

Bluepaintred said...

yay! Sheila gave up to computer!

Nice to find out the pressure wound is doing better, but the van troubles suck. We have been having car troubles lately. Sigh.

Sheila said...

Uhm, actually, Blue, Tom and I are able to be online at the same time. I have a desktop computer and Tom has his laptop.

So, its not my fault that he doesn't blog more. Its completely his fault. :D

Oh, and, Tom... I love you. *muah*

Elizabeth said...

YAY TOM! I am really kinda curious to see what the chiefs are going to do this season with all the new players???
Guess we will see. Comcast needs to seriously lower their prices really come on now!!!
As for the van thing, cars just suck in general they only break when you don't have the money to fix them, right?
Love ya

Not a Granny said...

Hi Tom,

Not really much of a Chief's fan but I love Nascar. Big fan of Kasey Kahne. See I was a Terry Labonte fan for years, he retired, had to find a new driver. I really don't like any of the Busch brothers....oh well, probably way too much information! But glad to hear from you. We will have to chat after the race tomorrow!!

Not a Granny said...

Okay, what did you think of the race Sunday? and what is this about DEI going after Kasey Kahne? I think not!!! If Theresa wants a new stud in the barn, she should go down to the Bush series! LOL

Elizabeth said...

Seriously come on now where is another post?
Geez Trish is not keeping up on giving you a hard time so I guess I will have to fill in!!!!
:-)