Saturday, March 31, 2007

'Safe' Happens!

Hello again everyonethank you for returning. I realize there is only one of you, and Sheila, at this point. Lucky for Sheila , we don't have to share a computer, I got a notebook computer shortly after my accident.

I guess I should start with a bit of information about the accident. First and foremost , always always and forever without fail, use a harness if you are going to hunt from a deer stand !!! Notice I wrote that in Hunters safety orange ;) My deer stand only dropped me about 10 feet . I landed on my head. I broke my C5 , which is short for cervical vertebra five (feel the back of your neck for the vertebra that sticks out the most, that is your C7), below that are T (thoracic) 1 through 12, then L (lumbar) 1-5, and finally S (sacral) 1-5. OK first lesson over.

Besides I feel that one guy coming , you know, the Number One Fan. Today's Saturday , and that is normally the Busch series race, but instead it was the truck series , which to this point I haven't watched very much. Mike Skinner won the race . This is his third consecutive win.

Tomorrow is the Nextel cup race, where my usually awesome driver is in 33rd out of 43 places. Matt Kenseth compares Martinsville's racetrack to racing in a" parking lot around to lampposts 1000 times." And he is going to be in the U. S. G. sheet rock car instead of his usual black and gold DeWalt car. Go number 17 and 99 too!

Well , I had better try to get to sleep the race starts at 12: 30 here! On Fox. OK , then goodnight.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

What about Dale Jr!!??! :)

Bluepaintred said...

Is there no rule about hunting alone? my father in law fell 20 ft from the deer stand this fall, but all he had to show for it was bruising. oh and sore ears cus we yelled at him for going up it in the first place