Monday, April 2, 2007

I wish I had more days like these to cache in

Hello all, number one fan here. Matt Kenseth managed to pull off a 10th place finish. At the racetrack that he does the worst at, according to statistics! That keeps him in fourth place over all. Carl Edwards came in 17, he is 9th overall. Boy that Jimmy Johnson can drive. He has already won three races, and there have only been six races so far! And get this, Jeff Gordon is in first, and Denny Hamlin second??? Did I mention Jimmy won half of all the races so far. Actually , the reason he is third is due to how bad he/his car drove in the other three races.

It was a beautiful day here today 80° and breezy, that's about what it takes to get me outside without a longsleeved shirt on. New lesson; I must keep my blood thiner than the average person's, yet thick enough that I don't constantly bleed from a wound. Therefore , I take Coumadin/warfarin (bad side effects . I can't remember what but it was bad) , but only for those who have reactions. I must not. But I digress, anyway it makes me so cold-natured I have to wear blankets when the temperature is below 70°.

Temperatures like today's, this early in the year, make it possible for me to talk Sheila into going geo-caching. You are given the longitude and latitude of a cache (container of some sort from a film canister size to lunchbox size). Most are located in out-of-the-way spots in the woods and parks across the nation. You enter longitude and latitude on a GPS system and off you go hunting them. They are placed there by other geo-cachers. When you find them , you open them up like small treasure chests , and there's a wide variety of items from flashlights, to kids toys , to trading cards, and geo-coins, etc. You take an item from the container and replace it with an item that you brought with you.There's also a log book for you to sign even in the film canisters. My wheelchair causes us to have to look for the fairly easy caches, I am surprised myself with the places my wheelchair will go. But I will always have to have someone go with me to pick up the cache and to open it, and well to do pretty much everything! But that's a good thing I guess.

And away I go ...

4 comments:

Bluepaintred said...

geo catching sounds really really really cool and I demand more information, perhaps pictures of the next opening?

also way cool. where do you people find out about these things??

Bluepaintred said...

Oh and Sheila?


FIRST!!!!!!!!

Sheila said...

geocashing is something your whole family can do, if you have a GPS.

try geocashing.com

Oh, and Blue,

RUDE!! ;)

Elizabeth said...

That sounds like fun honey!