Sunday, May 13, 2007

Heeeeeeer's Tommy

It's Mother's Day, Happy Mother's Day to ALL YOU MOTHERS! I love you mom, sorry I cannot take you out to dinner or something, but someday soon I will be able to get up in my chair (with the doctors permission)! Thank you for being there (again) when I was in the hospital.

It is the final day of Nurses Appreciation Week!! Personally, I believe it should be nurses appreciation year. Because while I know some of you have had experiences with bad nurses, mine are all Saints. They were sweet , caring, helpful, all while dealing with all of the other patients on the floor. And I think they were trying to negotiate with Sheila a way to keep me there and send home their "bad attitude " patients. Imagine that they consider me, ME a model patient!? Of course it didn't hurt that they were all pretty cute. ;-) .

Number one on my list of Saints though is definitely my beloved. She was there , sleeping in a crappy chair waking up every 20-45 minutes to help me cough (my C5 injury has paralyzed all of my lung muscles except for my diaphragm). The nurses coming in at all hours of the night . I'm sure did not help her sleep either. Every eight hours since then , she has had to give me antibiotics through my PICC line(a line that starts above my left elbow and runs through the blood vessels until it gets directly above my heart, just far enough to reach but not enough to enter the ventricle). I know you are thinking "eeeeeww", or maybe "whaaat", it sounds worse than it was, or looked. When she (the nurse) broke out the scalpel, and the 3 1/2 -- 4 inch hypodermic, I decided it was no longer time to watch. I have digressed, sorry. Anyway, Sheila has to push 20 cc of saline solution and 10 cc of antibiotics through the line. Note: to those of you who don't know Sheila and mornings mix like water and oil, ketchup and chocolate ice cream, or more like fire and gasoline, yep that's it!.... I pretend I'm asleep.

I apologize to everyone who has been waiting for me to post. Both patiently , and not so patiently. You know who you are (I have only two). It took me a little while to get back to posting because , quite frankly , I was pissed off at all of the shit my body is causing me, 90% of which is painful. And a little sad I was losing more of myself to the knife again. And writing at that time would have meant monotonous bitching. I will always try to keep bitching about medical stuff to a minimum. Oh great, it's time for more antibiotics . Was that considered bitching?

Well, Matt Kenseth once again has proved that he can drive a crappy machine and still get it within the top 10. It has Him in third place in the standings, but the luckiest driver this year Jeff Gordon is ahead of Matt by 300 points. I would much rather that Jeff win during the year and lose in the Chase for the Cup! It sure would be nice if Matt's garage crew could get his car running right. Still , he came in seventh place , which shows if he does get a good car he will be winning some more races.

For now I must go... Into tomorrow [Anonymous; 11:59:59 p.m.]

4 comments:

Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

Yay...a blog. A real blog posting. I'm so excited I can hardly read! :o) You do know it's a family trait to bitch...about anything. So that's what a blog helps you with...the venting part of things. When everyone else is tired of hearing it, your blog lovingly accepts it and hears you out, let's you get it off your chest. Ahh...poor little bloggy! *smile* I'm glad you FINALLY posted though. I'm proud of you!! Well, not just for posting...but for...well...just being you...and being my brother.

Sheila said...

ketchup and chocolate ice cream... that's the best one, I think. :D

Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

I think Chocolate Doughnuts and Orange Juice...or toothpaste and orange juice would work there too.

Elizabeth said...

Yay Tom you are back!
Sorry about all your medical stuff but at least you do have Sheila who is so awesome! :-)
I like the ketchup and ice cream bit too was pretty funny and well let's face it true!
:-)
Ew Trish chocolate doughnuts and oj
Yuck!